Document Type : Research Paper
Law and Political Science Faculty, Tehran University
PhD student, Alborz Campus, Tehran University
The purpose of this article is to explain and analyze the "international rules and regulations governing the sport of football", which was used with the descriptive-analytical method and with library tools in the form of scanning sources and documents.
The theoretical findings indicate; The effect of international non-governmental sports organizations on the behaviour and even domestic sports rights, reforming the decision-making process in the football sports institutions of the countries considered the non-interference of the governments with political goals in the football matter.
The result of the research shows this; The changes that FIFA, as an international non-governmental sports organization, pursues in the structure and performance of national federations, are the result of the accepted internal rules of this international organization consisting of the national football representatives of the countries, which are pursued in line with the general interests of sports in the world to the independence of sports organizations from governments and political affairs will be protected and helps the process of keeping sports "clean" and preventing its possible abuse. Although FIFA insists on changes in the shape and content of football with the support of internal rights and the use of domestic and global public tools, it does not show much stubbornness against government interference in some countries where football is run in an undemocratic manner; But this is perhaps more because the political authorities of those countries do not directly or openly interfere with the professional and inherent independence of a non-governmental organization and approve its decisions
- Ansari, M. (2008). United Nations Human Rights Council. Private Law Quarterly, 5(13), 1117-141. (in Persian).
- Aslani, R. (2016). The role of international non-governmental organizations in protecting human rights with an emphasis on Amnesty International (Unpublished master's thesis). Shiraz University, Shiraz. (in Persian).
- Beigzadeh, E. (2000). Non-Governmental organizations and international law. Journal of Legal Research, 3(31-32), 9-124. (in Persian).
- Biegzadeh, E. (1994). The influence of non-governmental organizations in the formation and implementation of international rules, Legal Research Journal, 15, 293-322. (in Persian).
- De Fazio, D. (2019). Human Rights and the International Community. International Studies Journal (ISJ), 15(4), 31-41. (in Persian).
- Fourlanos, G. (1984). Subjectivity in international law and position of the individual. (1984). Nordic Journal of International Law, 53(1-2), 9-25.
- Ghorbania, N. (2008). Legal personality of international organizations. Available at: http://www.servas.org/siexco/images/0/07/The_Swiss_Civil_Code_in_English.pdf <www.fifa.com:
- Gilson, E. T. (2006). Exploring the court of arbitration for sport. Law Library Journal, 98(3), 503-514.
- Hakimzade Khoei, P., Rajabzadeh, A., & Sotode, S. (2021). Promoting the human rights status of women by emphasizing the Iranian legal system. Modern Jurisprudence and Law, 2(5), 63-89. (in Persian).
- Hashemi, M. (2005). Human rights and basic freedoms (1st). Tehran: Mizan. (in Persian).
- Kadkhodayi, A. (2000). Direct broadcasting of satellite programs from the point of view of international law. Tehran: Legal Studies and Research Institute of Shahr Danesh. (in Persian).
- Kathirian, K., & Ghazizadeh, S. (2005). World cup of football (1st). Tehran: Anise Nama. (in Persian).
- Maggi, A. (2006). A dream in suspension. Etemad Melli Newspaper, December 4, 2006. (in Persian).
- Maggi, A. (2018). The influence of international non-governmental organizations on domestic law with an emphasis on the performance of "FIFA". Legal Research Quarterly, 8(15), 321-342. (in Persian).
- Mehrpour, H. (2004). International human rights system (2nd). Tehran: Information. (in Persian).
- Mousizadeh, R. (2008). International organizations (2nd). Tehran: Mizan. (in Persian).
- Mousizadeh, R. (2021). Public international law (Vol. 1). Tehran: Mizan. (in Persian).
- National Security and Foreign Policy Commission. (2004). Report on the bill on the operation of international non-governmental organizations in the country. Islamic Council, 7th period, 1st year, publication number 216, registration number 177, publication date 5/12/2004. (in Persian).
- Safdari, M. (2016). Public international law (Vol. 1). Tehran: Majd Publications. (in Persian).
- Taghizadeh Ansari, M. (2001). Laws of international organizations (1st). Tehran: Qomes. (in Persian).
- The statutes and other important documents of FIFA can be accessed on the official website. Available at: https://tisri.org/?id=2mxzdozu
- Topend sports.com. 12 March 2011. Archived from the original on 4 January 2013. Retrieved 19 December 2012.Topend sports.com. 4 January 2013
- Ziyai Begdali, M. R. (2002). Public international law (17th). Tehran: Ganj Danesh Library. (in Persian).
- http://fifa.com/en/media/index/0,1369,126229,00.html?articleid=126229 2-006-12-09
- http://www.hawzah.net/Per/Magazine/NM/014/nm01403.asp 2008-02-25
- http://www.hoqouq.com/law/article464.html 2007-02-21
- http://www.nf-board.com/statutes.htm 2007-02-23
- http://www.uia.org/legal/app411.php 2007-02-21
- http://www.uia.org/uia/profilen.php 2007-02-18
- com/statutes.htm 2007-02-23