Document Type : Research Paper
Ph.D. Student of Sport Management- Payam Noor University
Associate Professor of Payam Noor University
Professor of Payam Noor University
The purpose of this study was to investigate the relationship between the service quality in scientific journals of sport sciences and the researcher satisfaction by path analysis. Also, 345 researchers were selected as the statistical sample by systematic random sampling. In this research, researcher-made questionnaires of the service quality in scientific journals and researcher satisfaction were used as data collection tool whose validity has been confirmed and their reliability was 0.91 and 0.94, respectively. Descriptive and inferential statistical methods (Spearman correlation coefficient and structural equation model) were used for data analysis. The results showed that service quality of scientific journals has positive and significantly effects on the researcher satisfaction. Also, the subscales of response speed, executive structure, trustworthiness and updating had significant effect on the researcher satisfaction, but personnel did not have a significant effect on the researcher satisfaction. According to the results of this research, the increase in the service quality of scientific journals leads to researcher satisfaction which can have positive consequences for the journals such as receive more quality article.
- Asgari, B., Elahi, A. R., & Poursoltani, H. (2014). Analysis of sport management articles published in journal of research on sport science. Sport Management Studies, 22, 155-172. (in Persian)
- Beerli, A., Martin, J. D., & Quintana, A. (2004). A model of customer loyalty in the retail banking market. European Journal of Marketing, 38(1/2), 253-275.
- Bruce Ho, C. T., & Lin, W. C. (2010). Measuring the service quality of internet banking: scale development and validation. European Business Review, 22, 5-24.
- Davarpanah, M. R., & Aslekia, S. A. (2008). A scientometric analysis of international LIS journals: Productivity and characteristics. Scientometrics, 77 (1), 21-39.
- Eydi, H., Abasi, H., & Almasi, S. (2019). Investigating the mediator role of attachment to place in relation between place satisfaction and behavioral intentions (Case study: Sports spectators of Volleyball Nations League). Communication Management in Sports Media, 23, 51-66. (in Persian)
- Faraji, R., Bashiri, M., & Shabani, S. (2018). Studying the promotion of quality level of services in academic sport facilities via KANO- QFD (Case study: Academic sport places and facilities at Azarbaijan Shahid Madani University). Sport Management Studies, 52, 91-116. (in Persian)
- Firouzi, G. (2019). Investigating service quality and customer satisfaction in the tourism sector: An integration of Persian-Language studies. Journal of Art and Civilization of the Orient, 23, 31-38. (in Persian)
- Ghasemi, H., Asgari, B., & Rahmani, M. (2015). Publication delays in scholarly journals of physical education branches. Applied Research of Sport Management,
17, 49-55. (in Persian)
- Hajizadeh, E., & Asghari, M. (2011). Methods and statistical analyzes by looking at research methodology in biotechnology and health sciences. Tehran: Publishing Organization of Daneshgahi Jahad. (in Persian)
- Hennayake, H. M. (2017). Impact of service quality on customer satisfaction of public sector commercial banks: A study on rural economic context. International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, 7(2), 156-161
- Hosseinpoor, H., & Amirtash, A. M. (2018). A model for quality of service, satisfaction and job performance of teachers participating in extracurricular sports education courses. Quarterly Professional Journal of Social Sciences, 40, 125-142. (in Persian)
- Kotler, P., & Armstrong, G. (1999). Principles of MARKETING (8th). New Jersey, USA: Pretice Hall Inc.
- Lakal, N., Joshi, k., & Jain, K. (2018). Development of engineering education service quality model from faculty perspective. Total Quality Management& Business Excellence, 1, 1-12.
- Naseri, Z., & Diani, M.H. (2010). Non updating of content, delayed outcome in Publishing scientific Journal of Iranian. Library and Information Science, 13(4),
9-26. (in Persian)
- Noorossana, R., Saghaei, A., Shadalouei, F., & Samimi, Y. (2008). Customer satisfaction measurement to identify areas for improvement in higher education research services. Research and Planning in Higher Education, 49, 97-119.
- Othman, A., & Owen, L. (2002). Adopting & measuring customer service quality (SQ) in Islamic banks. International Journal of Islamic Financial Service, 3(1), 7-19.
- Ratanavaraha, V., Jomnonkwao, S., Khampirat, B., Watthanaklang, D., & Lamtrakul, P. (2016). The complex relationship between school policy, service quality, satisfaction, and loyalty for educational tour bus services: A multilevel modeling approach. Transport Policy, 45, 116-126.
- Rezaei Soofi, M., Khseh, A. A., & Khaseh, A. (2018). A Scientometric analysis of iranian sport sciences researchers in ISI. Communication Management in Sports Media, 19, 49-62. (in Persian)
- Schneider, B., & White, S. (2004). Service quality: Research perspective. UK. London: SAGE Publications Ltd.