مطالعات نشان داده است که حل و فصل چالش¬های پیش روی سازمان¬ها، مستلزم برخورداری از رهبری و مدیریت کارآمد و اثربخش است؛ بنابراین، هدف اصلی این پژوهش، بررسی رابطۀ بین هوش فرهنگی و اثربخشی رهبری مدیران ورزشی میباشد. جامعۀ آماری این پژوهش شامل کلیۀ مدیران وزارتخانۀ ورزش و جوانان، کمیتۀ ملی المپیک و پاراالمپیک، آکادمی ملی¬المپیک و فدراسیون¬های ورزشی بوده که از بین آنها 180 نفر جهت انجام این پژوهش انتخاب شدند. نتایج پژوهش حاکی از وجود رابطۀ معنادار بین هوش فرهنگی و اثربخشی رهبری میباشد. بهعلاوه، در بین خردهمقیاس¬های هوش فرهنگی، خرده¬مقیاس رفتار هوش فرهنگی ارتباط معناداری با اثربخشی رهبری دارد. بهطورکلی، نتایج این پژوهش نشان داد که هوش فرهنگی، عاملی مهم و پیش¬بینیکننده در اثربخشی رهبری مدیران ورزشی میباشد.
The relationship between cultural intelligence and leadership effectiveness of sport managers
Studies have shown that it essential for resolving of challenges of organizations, to have efficacy and effectiveness leadership and management. Therefore, the purpose of this research was to investigate the relationship between cultural intelligence and leadership effectiveness of sport managers. The Statistical popularly of this research was all managers of Sport and Young's Ministry , National Olympic committee, National Paralympics committee, National Olympic Academy, and Sport Federations (N=331). Base on Morgan table, 180 people were selected to this research. Saberi (1388) Leadership effectiveness questionnaire and Van Dyne and Ang Four Factor cultural intelligence scale questionnaire was used to collect data. Data analysis was performed by the Bivariate and multivariate regression. The results of present study showed that there was significant relationship between cultural intelligence and leadership effectiveness (p<0/05). Also, there was significant relationship between behavioral cultural intelligence and leadership effectiveness (p<0/001). Generally, this study showed that cultural intelligence is important factor in leadership effectiveness of sport managers.
کلیدواژه ها [English]
Behavior of Cultural Intelligence, Sport, Manager
1. Abzari, M., Etebarian, A., & Khani, A. (2010). The effect of cultural intelligence on group effectiveness, Journal of Change Management, 2(4): 25-41. (Persian)
2. Alon, l., & Higgins, J. M. (2005). Global leadership success through emotional and cultural intelligences, Kelley, Business Horizons, 48: 501-512.
3. Amiri, A., Moghimi, S. M., & Kazemi, M. (2010). Studying the relationship between cultural intelligence and employees’ performance. European Journal of Scientific Research, 42(3), 418-427. (Persian)
4. Ang, S., Van Dyne, L., KohCh, Ng. K. Y., Templer, K. J., Tay, Ch., & Chandrasekar, N. A. (2007). Cultural intelligence: Its measurement and effects on cultural judgment and decision making, cultural adaptation and task performance. Management and Organization Review, 3: 335-371.
5. Crowne, K. A. (2007). The relationships among social intelligence, emotional intelligence, cultural intelligence and cultural exposure, Doctoral dissertation, Pennsylvania, Temple University.
6. Earley, P. C., & Ang, S. (2003). Cultural intelligence: Individual interactions across cultures. Stanford. CA. Stanford Business Books.
7. Earley, P. C., & Mosakowski, E. (2004). Cultural intelligence. Harvard Business Review, 82: 139-153.
8. Fiedler, F., & chemers, M. (2002). Effective Leadership, Translated by Sohrab Khalili Shuerini, Tehran / F, Yadvare Publications, 2: 9-10.
9. Ghafari, J. (2009). Examine the relationship between cultural intelligence and emotional intelligence with managers’ leadership style, Master thesis, Islamic Azad University of Tehran. (Persian)
10. Gilbertson, D. W. (2000). Transformational leadership in Australasian sport organizations. New Zealand Innovations and Competitiveness, Project. Victoria University of Wellington: 65-81.
11. Hadizade Moghadam, A., Hoseini, A. (2008). The relationship between cultural intelligence and group effectiveness, Journal of Entrepreneurship Development, 4: 139-162. (Persian)
12. Herbest, J. (2003). Organizational servant leadership and its relationship to secondary school effectiveness (Unpublished doctoral dissertation). Florida Atlantic University.
13. Hersey, P., Blanchard, K., & Dewey, J. (1996). Management of organizational behavior (6th Ed). Euglewood Cliffs. N. J. Prentice-Hall. 91.
14. HoseiniNasab, D., & Ghaderi, V. (2011). Examine the relationship between cultural intelligence and productivity of managers in schools in West Azarbaijan Province, Journal of Education Science, 13: 27-44. (Persian)
15. Hyndman, W. T. (2007). Cultural intelligence and self-efficacy as learning outcomes of study abroad, Doctoral dissertation, Pennsylvania, Widener University.
16. Imai, R. (2007). The culturally intelligent negotiator: The impact of CQ on intercultural negotiation effectiveness, Thesis submitted to the Faculty of the Graduate School, University of Maryland.
17. Kazemi, M. (2008). Examine the relationship between cultural intelligence with staff performance Gameatol Mustafa Alalmyh, Master thesis, Tehran University.(Persian)
18. Koontz, H., O'Donnell, C., Weihrich, H. (1996). Management Principles, Translated by Mohammadali Tusi & Aliakbar Farhangi, Tehran: State Management Training Center.
19. Kouzes, J. M., & Posner, B. Z. (1988). Development and validation of the leadership practices inventory. Educational and Psychological Measurement, 48: 483- 496.
20. Lugo, M. V. (2007). An examination of cultural and emotional intelligences in the development of global transformational leadership skills, Doctoral dissertation, Walden University, School of Management.
21. Matear, D. W. (2009). An examination of cognitive, cultural, and emotional intelligences, and motivation in the development of global transformational leadership skills. (Unpublished doctoral dissertation). Minnesota, Capella University.
22. McClelland, D. C. (1998). Identifying competencies with behavioral event interviews. Psychological Science, 9 (5), 331-339.
23. Men Al e Agha, M. (2008). A way to promote cultural intelligence managers, Master thesis, Tehran University, School of Management.
24. Moshabbaki, A., Tizro, A. (2009). The impact of emotional and cultural intelligence on the success of world-class leaders, Journal of Research Management, 3:53-73. (Persian)
25. Naeigi, M., Abbasalizade, M. (2011). Cultural intelligence and its relation with characteristics of entrepreneurial managers of nonprofit organizations in Iran, Journal of Entrepreneurship Development, 12:27-44. (Persian)
26. Parhizgari, J. (2011). Examine the relationship between cultural intelligence and effectiveness of conflict management styles of manager’s universities and higher education centers in Urmia, Master thesis, Urmia University. (Persian)
27. Parolini, j & Jeanine, L. (2004). Effective servant leadership: A model incorporating servant leadership and competing values framework. Doctoral dissertation, Servant Leadership Research Roundtable, Regent University, School of Leadership Studies.
28. Rahimi, M., Keshtidar, M., & Khoshbakhti, J. (2011). Measurement of cultural intelligence of managers’ federations and its relationship with the transformational leadership style, Journal of Sport Management Studies, 14: 191-208. (Persian)
29. Rahimnia, F., Mortazavi, S., & Delaram, T. (2010). Effect of cultural intelligence on the performance of task managers, Journal of Management tomorrow, 22. (Persian)
30. Saatchi, M., & Azizpour, A. (2005). Design an effective academic leadership model, Scientific Journal of Shahed University, 11. (Persian)
31. Saberi, A. (2009). The relationship between the leadership styles with effectiveness of the physical education department officials Province, Master thesis, Payam Noor University, Faculty of Humanities. (Persian)
32. Scholl, Dirk. H. (2009). The relationship between cultural intelligence and the performance on multinational teams. (Unpublished doctoral dissertation). University of Phoenix.
33. Seifi Saldehi, M., Kouzechian, H., Ehsani, M. (2012). The impact of organizational effectiveness entrepreneurial structure in the Islamic Republic of Iran Physical Education Organization, Journal of Sport Management Studies, 13: 215-236. (Persian)
34. Sternberg, R. J., & Grigorenko, E. L. (2006). Cultural intelligence and successful intelligence. Group and Organization Management, 31(1), 27-39
35. Stevenson, E. and Warn, J. R. (2003) Quantifying changing understanding: level 3 evaluation of leadership development interventions. Evaluation Journal of Australia, 3(1), 56-60.
36. Van Driel, M. (2008). Cultural intelligence as an emergent organizational level constructs. Florida Institute of Technology: 307.